Generate Teradata Import Scripts with just one click
(Saves ~95% man-hours)
Step 1 : Enter Required Details
Step 2: Click a button
Step 3: Copy Load Script and run in Teradata
Can I see the solution in action ?
Sure. Watch the video below to see quick demo of the utility in action.
This looks great. Can I test the solution before actually buying it ?
Yes please. Below is the web-version of the software. Give it a try now. If you like it, please leave a comment for us.
To fetch Columnname , use below options:
Option 1: select columnname from dbc.columnsV where databasename='DummyDb' and tablename='DummyTbl' order by ColumnID
Option 2: help table DummyDb.DummyTbl and copy columnnames only
Save content in a file. eg: filename
To execute the script use below commands:
- bteq < filename
- fastload < filename
- mload < filename
- tbuild -f filename
How to use this Teradata Import Script Generator online ?
This tool helps you generate BTEQ Import, Fastload, Multiload and TPT Load script. Few inputs required from user :
- SERVER IP: Enter TDPID or Teradata server IP to connect. Default value is 'DummyIP'
- USERNAME: Enter username required to connect to TD. Default value is 'DummyUser'
- PASSWORD: Enter password required for username. Default value is 'DummyPassword'
- TABLENAME: Enter TABLE name along with DATABASE name. Default value is DummyDb.DummyTbl
- FILENAME: Enter data file name with path. Default value is 'Filename.txt'
- Max String Length: This should be set to maximum string length for any column which you are passing. Default value is 400 so columns will be 'varchar(400)'
- Delimiter: Pass the delimiter used in the file. Default value is '|'
- Column list: Enter column names from the table to which data file is to be imported. Enter one column name per line.
Few assumptions made to keep things simple here:
- Dummy values are mentioned above. If you are not giving any input then please remember to update the "Dummy" values with actual before executing the script.
- Column list is mandatory and user have to provide one column per line. To fetch the column list, 2 options are also mentioned above. Either by running SQL query or by running HELP command. Copy and paste the column list in the textbox. Example, you want to give 4 columns of EMPLOYEE table then you will pass values like:
- FILENAME: You can pass absolute data file path as well. However for TPT Load , you may want to use DirectoryPath variable to set path.
- Once code is generated and "dummy" value (if applicable) is modified, save the content into a file and name it as per your wish.
- To execute the code , use respective command mentioned below:
bteq < filename
fastload < filename
mload < filename
tbuild -f filename
The inspiration behind creating this utility is I get so many request regarding loading data files into Teradata tables. So the people who are not usual Teradata developer however they have basic understanding of SQL , often struggle to write these scripts. Also writing scripts is not complex however it may take some time. Hence to save time and help others who just want some data into Teradata table I have created this utility. You may want to change some variables as per your requirement. The code above is primarily to load empty tables. Hope it helps.
Check the video below for the web-version of Teradata Import Script Generator.
When I can use web version for free then why will I buy desktop version ?
We are happy that you are finding web version useful. You can continue to use web version as you wish. We will list down 2 primary reasons why we think using desktop application is better option :
- Your Information is secured: The information you shared like login credentials and table details will remain in client network only. Though we don't save any such info in web version as well but the info is processed over internet. Desktop version provides better security. While using web-version you can also leave information like password as "blank" which will be defaulted to "dummy" and then you can replace the value once it is generated.
- Much Quicker and Less Manual work: In desktop application , you don't have to supply column names list. This definitely saves time. Also you don't have to change "dummy" values in desktop version. You can use actual values and run the output generated from desktop itself.
This is fantastic. How can I download the software and use it on my local machine ?
Download the software now from the below link.
*First 50 customers can use discount code (TD100OFF) to get it for FREE.